WordPress is a widely used CMS and allows users to create and host websites for free. It is also very easy to create a decent-looking website by using WordPress. Although for creating a highly responsive website, you need to use an external plugin or website builder.
Elementor is one of the widely used plugins that lets you easily build a website on WordPress. It was founded by an Israel-based software company that provides services of web development to users. This website builder was officially released in 2016 and till now it is used by million users. Though before using it for your website, you need to be aware of the major Elementor Pros and Cons.
So, here we will discuss what are the major pros and cons of Elementor WordPress builder along with its major features.
Major Elementor Pros And Cons
There are lots of advantages and disadvantages linked to the use of this WordPress website. Let’s discuss them one by one:
Advantages Of Using Elementor
- The best and the foremost feature of Elementor is obviously its drag-and-drop interface. This feature makes it really easy to use and less time-consuming. By using it, even a beginner can build a highly responsive website.
- The next most important factor that makes it worth using is its availability of a variety of themes. You can create the look of your webpage according to your own liking and you can even create new themes apart from the themes given to you by Elementor.
- Elementor comes with a large variety of templates that makes it a great choice for the usability of online website creators. The templates allow you to do almost everything and make it easy to use.
- Elementor comes with a free version for use for individuals as well as low-budget businesses. This version can help you in creating a decent-looking website without spending a single penny.
- Elementor keeps updating itself on a regular basis. This doesn’t make it lag behind the other competitors and newly launched platforms on the internet.
- It also supports integration with many third-party apps such as Yoast, WooCommerce, etc. This can help you in boosting the performance of your website a lot.
Disadvantages Of Elementor
- The main thing that is lacking as a feature in Elementor Pro is the unavailability of a good support system. The customer support for Elementor is provided only for the users who have paid subscriptions, and still, it is not that satisfactory.
- It has been observed that there are very few SEO tools provided by Elementor. This decreases the Google rankings of a website.
- The number of templates present in Elementor is much less than those present in other web developing platforms. Moreover, most of the templates that are there are either useless or boring.
- The websites that are created using Elementor pro, may sometimes cause trouble while being displayed on the internet. They might appear to be broken on some browsers such as Mozilla Firefox. This reduces the availability of a website and makes it less preferable.
- If you want to improve your website by making use of CSS, you won’t be able to do so in Elementor as it blocks the use of CSS.
These are the major Elementor pros and cons. To known more about it, we have discussed the features that you may find with it.
Features of Elementor Pro
- The complete design of the page is in your hands. By using Elementor, you can easily set the theme of the header, footer, posts and pages, and other products and elements of your webpage.
- The widgets provided by Elementor Pro are more than 50 in number. Its famous widgets such as premium media widget, post widget, marketing widget, etc. make it very dynamic as well as easy to use for the creator as well as the user.
- Elementor provides great marketing schemes and opportunities to the users. The user can create high-converting landing pages, popups, and forms, etc. of their own choice.
- The animation effects that Elementor provides its website builders are unique and catchy. Different kinds of motion effects such as scrolling in a horizontal and vertical way, 3D tilt, rotating, transparency and blur, etc. make the website more appealing.
- You can also use Elementor in order to create an eCommerce store with features to create a product catalog, add-to-cart option, popups, etc.
Here we told you about the major Elementor pros and cons. Though Elementor Pro has its own sets of features and advantages that make it a great web developer. Though there are some loopholes attached to it as well. Therefore, it is recommended to use this plugin if you want to work on a large website at a time. For a single website, it is suggested to use its free version or any of its alternatives that we have mentioned in the further parts.
Alternatives To Elementor Pro
- WP Page Builder: It is a drag and drop builder that can help you create flexible and responsive web page layouts.
- Divi: This web builder is known for great flexibility in design building. It allows users to add a lot of interesting styles and effects to their web page.
- Thrive Architect: This web developer is quite similar to Elementor when we talk about its user interface. It helps you to design dynamic pages, which are more mobile-friendly.
- Beaver Builder: It is known to be a great platform for people who want to focus on the core features of their website. It might not be that catchy or full of attractive features, but it is a really stable web developer with a lot of people trusting it with their websites.
Also Read: Top 10 Free WordPress Themes