If you have forgotten your iPhone passcode and want to access your iPhone. Do not worry, this type of problem faces everyone. This article provides an answer to your question about how to factory reset iPhone with no password.
This article will discuss different ways to reset your iPhone, including using iTunes, iCloud and recovery mode. Following the steps in this article will allow you to reset your iPhone to factory settings so you can access it again without needing your forgotten passcode.
Can You Factory Reset An iPhone Without Unlocking It?
Yes, factory reset of an iPhone is possible without unlocking your iPhone. Keep one thing in your mind that resetting your iPhone will lose all your files or data such as messages, contacts and other files. But you need to do this if you have forgotten your iPhone password.
How Do You Factory Reset A Locked iPhone Without Password?
You can factory reset you locked iPhone without Password there are various methods available which are:
- Use iTunes To Reset iPhone With No Password
- Use iCloud To Reset A Locked iPhone Without Passcode
- Use Recovery Mode To Reset Disabled iPhone Without Password
- Use Hard Reset Feature To Reset iPhone With No Passcode
Use iTunes To Reset iPhone With No Password
By using iTunes you can reset your iPhone with no passcode if you had a backup on your iPhone on iTunes. After completing the reset process you can restore the backup from iTunes so with this process, you don’t lose any necessary data or files. Follow below below-mentioned steps to factory reset iPhone with no password.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and open iTunes.
- In iTunes, click on your iPhone icon, then click “Restore iPhone”. This will erase all data and reset your iPhone.
- After resetting, click “Restore Backup” in iTunes if you want to restore.
- iTunes will reload your backup onto your iPhone and this will help to restore your data.
- Once the restore is done, your iPhone will be reset to factory settings with your backup loaded on it.
- You can now use your iPhone without the passcode.
Use iCloud To Reset A Locked iPhone Without Passcode
Another way to factory reset iPhone with no password is by using iCloud. But you can only use the method if in your iPhone find my iPhone option is enabled. After fulfilling this requirement follow mention points to reset your iPhone:
- Go to iCloud.com on your computer.
- Sign in with the Apple ID associated with the locked iPhone.
- Click on Find My iPhone.
- Select the locked iPhone from the list of devices.
- Tap on the “Erase iPhone” option shown at the bottom of the page.
- Confirm that you want to erase the device
- You can reset it to factory settings and remove the passcode
- After that the iPhone will restart and can be set up again as a new device.
Note: If Find My iPhone was turned off on the locked iPhone, you can’t erase it remotely. Then you’ll need to contact Apple Support to unlock and reset it.
Use Recovery Mode To Reset Disabled iPhone Without Password
Recovery mode is also another best option to reset an iPhone without a password. Here are mention easy steps which helps to reset iPhone with no passcode:
- Connect the iPhone to a computer using the USB cable and Open iTunes or Finder on the computer.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button on the iPhone. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
- This will put the iPhone into recovery mode and display a Connect to iTunes or connect to Finder screen.
- In iTunes or Finder, you will get an option to Restore or Update then click on “Restore” option.
- This will erase all data and settings on the iPhone and install a fresh copy of the latest iOS software.
- After the restore is complete, you can set up the iPhone as new without needing any password.
- This recovery mode process bypasses the passcode and resets the iPhone to factory default settings. It erases all data but allows you to use the iPhone again without the forgotten passcode.
Use Hard Reset Feature To Reset iPhone With No Passcode
Hard Reset feature methods help to factory reset iPhone with no password. It is a very simple process but this process is different on the various versions of iPhones. Checkout the process on different iPhone are:
- iPhone X, 8 or newer versions: Press and hold volume down and volume up button and the side button at the same time.
- iPhone 7 or 7 Plus: At the same time press the volume down and the side button.
- In iPhone 6S and earlier: As same as press and hold the side and volume up button at the same time.
So you can use above methods to factory reset iPhone with no passcode if these methods are not working then you need to contact Apple customer support to unlock your iPhone and reset it.
How Do You Unlock A Disabled iPhone Without iTunes Or iCloud?
For resetting disabled iPhone without iTunes or iCloud you need an iPhone unlocking tool like EaseUS MobiUnlock. It helps to unlock your iPhone without using a password. Follow below steps to reset disabled iPhone with no iTunes or iCloud are:
- Connect your iPhone with a USB cable and open EaseUS MobiUnlock.
- In EaseUS MobiUnlock select “Unlock Screen Password”.
- Click the “Start” button to proceed after your device gets detected.
- In your device tap on the “Next” button to download firmware.
- Select firmware tap on “Unlock Now” button.
- Fill the required information in the box and click the “Unlock” button to disabled your iPhone.
- Once the tool erase and unlock your device, set up your iPhone and create a new passcode.
By following above metions steps one by one you can easily unlock a disabled iPhone without iTunes or iCloud.
Is It Possible To Factory Reset An Iphone That Is Both Password Locked And iCloud Locked?
Yes, it is possible to factory reset an iPhone that is password locked and iCloud locked, but you will need to erase the device using iTunes or Finder on a computer it has been connected to before. This will remove the passwords and restore it to factory settings.
Can You Unlock A Disabled iPhone Without Factory Reset?
No, you cannot unlock a disabled iPhone without doing a factory reset. A factory reset is the only way to remove the iPhone’s disable status and unlock it. There is no other method to unlock a disabled iPhone.
Is It Possible To Factory Reset iPhone With No Password?
Yes, you can factory reset iPhone without knowing the passcode. Resetting will erase all data on the iPhone. This should only be done if you forgot your iPhone passcode and have no other way to unlock the phone.