If you are using a PC or laptop, you must be questioning yourself that Do you really need an antivirus for PC/Laptop? Yes, You must have an antivirus installed in your system to protect it from any vulnerabilities. There are some valid and good reasons to have an antivirus on your PC. Like an Antivirus not just protects your PC but also protects you from getting into any unwanted situation.
Hackers always search for people who are using an unprotected device so they can intercept into the network and steal some sensitive information. An antivirus also protects the system from viruses, malware, ransomware, and any potential threat that can harm your system.
But which antivirus is good for your PC?
In this article, we are going to discuss one of the best antiviruses that offer protection for your PC all around.
Bitdefender antivirus is one of the strong and well-known antiviruses in the cybersecurity industry. It was developed by Bitdefender which is a Romanian cybersecurity company.
How does Bitdefender antivirus work?
Bitdefender offers real-time and continuous protection against a wide range of cyberthreats. Its real-time scanning ensures strong protection against malware without affecting the system’s performance. For example, if you received an email and opens it, Bitdefender scans the email to check for any potential threats and fixes if find any.
Is Bitdefender good antivirus?
Bitdefender undoubtedly one of the best antivirus around. It protects your system from potentially unwanted apps, malware without files, and rootkits by blocking them.
The password manager supports internet explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, and its own secured internet browser. This feature protects all the passwords and usernames. An on-screen keyboard to type password, credit card number, and any other sensitive details give more protection and not to let you worry much about any data leakage.
The webcam protection feature not just blocks unauthorized access but allows you to choose the applications to have webcam access.
Bitdefender antivirus is also equipped with a two-way firewall, which you can set on stealth mode so no one from outside can get access to your home network.
The parental control to keep your kids away from bad or inappropriate content by blocking them. And many other features to let your kids access the internet securely.
Bitdefender antivirus scan your system all the time to see if there some issue and take all the necessary and required steps to fix them. Besides all mentioned features, Bitdefender antivirus scans applications, boot sectors, keyloggers, archives, networks, etc to see if they contain any suspicious files.
Versions and pricing
A free version with limited features is available of Bitdefender antivirus that offers basic security to the user’s PC. Besides this, some paid versions with some advanced features are also there for users.
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus: This version protects three devices for one year from malware, ransomware, spyware, and hackers. This version costs $23.99.
- Bitdefender Internet Security: Internet Security offers one-year protection for three Windows devices only. This version doesn’t include a device optimizer. It costs $32 and includes Multi-layer ransomware protection, parental control, etc.
- Bitdefender Total Security: Total security provides some additional advanced features that offer to protect five devices for one year. This version of Bitdefender antivirus comes with a device optimizer, parental control, etc, and compatible with Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. Total security costs $36 for one year.
- Bitdefender Family Pack: This pack offers 15 devices per household for protection and compatible with Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. This pack includes all the basic and advanced features and costs $49.99 for one year.
Bitdefender Total Security vs Family Pack
The debate of Total Security vs Family pack is a never-ending debate. But to let you understand the main difference between these two packs, we have outlined a few main differences below.
- Total security covers five devices for one year and on the other side, the Family pack protects 15 devices for one year. However, there is no difference between the offered features with these two packs as Both offers the same features.
- Total security costs $36 for one year and if you want to buy the family pack then you will have to spend $49.99 for one year.
So in this article, We tried to understand why do you really need an antivirus for a PC/Laptop. Antivirus is actually a final layer of protection for our device that keeps on guarding the device against any threat that can cause any harm to us as well as to the device. And Bitdefender is one of the best antiviruses that offers all the security features to protect our PC.
Also Read, Comparison between best antivirus software
Difference between Kaspersky total security and internet security